Monday 3 October 2011

Adventures With Cardbard Boxes

By The Megapope   Posted at  17:27   mucking about No comments

Last night I went out into the wilds of Aro Valley and killed myself an old cardboard box, bringing it's corpse back to my hut. Chanting to my ancestors, I lined the bottom and three inside planes with white paper, removed the top and front sides and finally put a curved piece of paper between the back and bottom planes to hide the edge. Voila, instant cheapy studio for taking photos of models in.

Sadly, I think the lamps in our house have yellow-ish bulbs as all the night time photos came out yellow tinted no matter how much I mucked about with trying to correct the colour balance or moving the light source around. Or else my partner's camera is just a bit poo. Probably that. Happily though, the setup works nicely during the day, with diffused natural light coming in through the window.

So I've done up a gallery page. For now it's dead simple but at some stage I plan to install a sideways scrolling proper gallery type thing.


0 bleatings to Megapope:

Back to top ↑
Contact!

Who is this beardy weirdo?

My photo
Hatching from his egg high in the glacier crowned majesty of the Himalayas, the Megapope quickly devoured his other siblings and later on his parents, for being damned cheeky. He ran a bloody campaign of terror across the wind swept steppes of the north, coming to be known as 'That Horrid Bastard' by the terrified tribes of the region. Many years later he came second in a beauty contest, won $10, didn't pass Go and didn't collect $200.

Important legal disclaimer

Important legal disclaimer
© 2013 Paint Nerd . WP Mythemeshop Converted by BloggerTheme9
Blogger templates . Proudly Powered by Blogger .