Monday 25 November 2013

Commander repaint: Captain Sicarius

By The Megapope   Posted at  15:58   Ultramarines No comments



So I've been humming and harring over my commander character for a while, and finally decided to just turn him into Captain Sicarius, mainly because I felt he had way too much bling for some field commander lieutenant guy or whatever the hell he was.

Here's the before photo. I think he was painted close to two years ago now, so it's nice to see how much my painting has improved in that time. Frankly the highlights on him were a bit atrocious and the banner looked a bit ratty after a superglue incident. 




I checked out some images of the actual Captain Sicarius model and decided (after some photoshop tests) that I didn't want to give his new banner the same red/white border. I kept it simple in theme with the other army banners, combining three decal elements from my trusty Forgeworld decal collection and painted the border an umber colour, highlighted up to yellow along the top.


I also repainted his helmet crest to the red and white stripes, gave him a plasma pistol, completely repainted his armour highlights, made the cybernetic parts of his helmet look more cyberneticky and gave him the Ultramar symbol award thingee which I had spare from the Marneus Calgar resin set.

Pretty stoked with how he turned out, I reckon he looks sufficiently Sicarius-esque. It's nice to see how my painting has come in the last two years too.

0 bleatings to Megapope:

Back to top ↑
Contact!

Who is this beardy weirdo?

My photo
Hatching from his egg high in the glacier crowned majesty of the Himalayas, the Megapope quickly devoured his other siblings and later on his parents, for being damned cheeky. He ran a bloody campaign of terror across the wind swept steppes of the north, coming to be known as 'That Horrid Bastard' by the terrified tribes of the region. Many years later he came second in a beauty contest, won $10, didn't pass Go and didn't collect $200.

Important legal disclaimer

Important legal disclaimer
© 2013 Paint Nerd . WP Mythemeshop Converted by BloggerTheme9
Blogger templates . Proudly Powered by Blogger .